Blackmagic Design today announced a new lower price for the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K of US$5,995 or £4500. This price reduction has been made possible by efficiencies in manufacturing combined with an improved supply of 12K sensors. However with the new rendering engine in DaVinci Resolve 17.3, showing speed improvements up to 3x when working in 4K and 8K resolutions, the new lower price will make high resolution workflows more accessible. This is an exciting innovation because it transforms high resolution workflows and makes them much lower cost. With this new low price for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K, a much wider range of customers will have access to feature film production.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K is available immediately from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for US$5,995.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K is a revolution in digital film with a 12,288 x 6480 12K Super 35 sensor and 14 stops of dynamic range, built into the award winning URSA Mini body. The combination of 80 megapixels per frame, new colour science and the flexibility of Blackmagic RAW makes working with 12K a reality. Oversampling from 12K gives customers the best 8K and 4K images with the subtle skin tones and extraordinary detail of high end still cameras. Customers can shoot at 60 fps in 12K, 120 fps in 8K and up to 240 fps in 4K Super 16. URSA Mini Pro 12K features an interchangeable PL mount, as well as built in ND filters, dual CFast and UHS-II SD card recorders, a SuperSpeed USB-C expansion port and more.
“Since we released Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K last year, we have been working hard to increase the supply of sensors and make improvements in our manufacturing processes to help reduce costs”, said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “This new lower price, combined with the incredible 3x faster speed of DaVinci Resolve makes high resolution 4K and 8K workflows more accessible. It’s totally mind blowing that you can edit high resolution 8K in DaVinci Resolve, on an Apple M1 notebook!”
BLACKMAGIC URSA MINI PRO 12K FEATURES
- 12,288 x 6480 12K Super 35 sensor.
- Use for feature films, VFX and high end TVCs.
- 14 stops of dynamic range and native 800 ISO.
- New Blackmagic RAW for real time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Generation 5 Color Science with new film curve.
- Shoot up to 60 fps in 12K, 120 fps at 8K and 240 fps at 4K.
- Dual card CFast recording at up to 900MB/s.
- PL mount included and optional EF and F lens mounts available.
- SuperSpeed USB-C for recording to external disks.
- Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
- Compatible with new Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICE
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K is available immediately for US$5,995, excluding duties, from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.